Whether you summon a Sanderson sister from Hocus Pocus, Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, or one of the witches from The Wizard of Oz, you can't go wrong with a classic witch costume. The spellbinding idea is easy to make, fun to wear (no matter your age), and seriously on-point for the season.
Depending on how much time you have, store-bought costumes can be worth the splurge; aisles are bound to be brimming with witch hats, brooms, capes, and more this time of year. But if you're feeling crafty, it's actually quite easy to concoct a magical homemade costume yourself.
Get as ambitious as you want when making a witch costume for toddlers or girls. Fashion a witch hat from felt and hot glue, and tie twigs and straw together with twine to craft a broomstick. Tailor the look to the type of witch you want: Now's the chance to show off your wicked personality.
Throwing together a last-minute look? Pull a black dress out of the closet, buy inexpensive accessories, and call it a day. She'll be bewitching either way!
Easy Toddler Witch Costume
Comfort and warmth are key when dressing your toddler as a witch for Halloween. It can get cold by October 31!
- Dress your toddler in tights, boots, and a long-sleeve shirt.
- Add a tutu and witch hat (homemade or store-bought) to get her excited for what's likely her first time trick-or-treating. It's as easy as that—save your energy for other things, mama!
What You'll Need
Easy Girls' Witch Costume
Show off her spellbinding style and personality with a witch costume that's uniquely her.
- Start with a black dress for the base—she probably has one hanging in her closet.
- Ask her how she'd like to accessorize. Perhaps with feather boa cuffs (cut one apart and sew for simple bracelets), a wide belt, and even a touch of fun face paint or makeup?
What You'll Need
And just in case you run out of time ...
Shop Witch Costumes for Girls
Easy Witch Costume for Women
Every woman has a little black dress in her closet and a tube of red lipstick in her makeup bag. Even better, grab your best girlfriend and dress up together.
- Throw on that LBD and top off with a witch hat.
- Apply red lipstick and press on faux witch nails.