Celebrate America with these patriotic triple-berry pies (and a scoop of ice cream).
(15-ounce) package refrigerated rolled piecrusts
Flour, for work surface
large egg, beaten
1 tablespoon sugar, divided
fresh chopped strawberries
Pinch kosher salt
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
- Working with one piecrust at a time, roll dough on a lightly floured work surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Using the stencil cut out 4 circles; reserve scraps. Repeat with remaining piecrust.
- Shape scraps into a 1/2-inch-thick disk. Roll disk on a lightly floured work surface to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut out stars with , rerolling scraps as necessary.
- Transfer dough rounds to ; fold edges under to align with the rim of the tin; crimp. Place pie tins and stars on a baking sheet. Brush edges of dough and stars with egg and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar. Chill 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Toss blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, cornstarch, salt, and remaining 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until juicy, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Fill piecrusts with the fruit mixture (about a heaping 1/2 cup each). Place stars on pies as desired. Bake until fruit is bubbling and crust is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream.
Tools you'll need: Star cookie cutters ($4, ), 3" disposable foil pie tins ($11, )
Note: To make a stencil for the piecrusts: Place a pie tin, top down, on a piece of paper. Using it as a guide, draw a circle 1 inch larger than the tin; cut out.