Orange and red food colorings
- Into large bowl, measure first 9 ingredients. With mixer at low speed, beat ingredients until well mixed, occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into a disk; wrap each with plastic wrap and refrigerate 1 hour or until dough is firm enough to roll. (Or, place dough in freezer 30 minutes.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Between 2 sheets of waxed paper, with rolling pin, roll half of dough slightly less than 1/4 inch thick. Remove top sheet of waxed paper. With 3 1/2-inch pumpkin-shape cookie cutter, cut as many pumpkin shapes from dough as possible. Place pumpkin cookies on ungreased large cookie sheet.
- Place a lollipop stick on each cookie so that 2 inches of stick is in cookie. Place 1 teaspoon of cookie dough from trimmings on top of each stick, pressing gently to seal onto cookie.
- Bake cookies about 12 minutes until browned around edges. With pancake turner, carefully remove cookies to wire rack to cool.
- Repeat steps 3, 4, and 5 with remaining dough and trimmings, and lollipop sticks to make about 15 cookies in all.
- Prepare . Spoon frosting into as many small bowls as needed. Tint frosting with different food colorings as desired, but reserve a portion of the frosting untinted. Keep bowls covered with plastic wrap to prevent frosting from drying out.