Tim Allen’s sitcom Last Man Standing, which was canceled last year by ABC, has found a new life on a new network. reports that Fox, which produced the series, will now air it on its network for a seventh season.
The move to revive the show came after outraged fans spoke out against the show’s cancellation. An initial bid to bring the show to CMT didn’t pan out. But after the success of Roseanne, which features a Trump-supporting main character, network executives thought about bringing back the show, which features Allen as an outspoken conservative, like he is in real life.
“Last Man Standing ended too soon and the outcry from the fans has been deafening,” Gary Newman and Dana Walden, chairmen and CEOs of the Fox Television Group, said in a statement. “We’ve wanted to put the show back together since its final taping a year ago, and Tim never gave up hope either. Thanks to its millions of devoted viewers and the irrepressible Tim Allen, we haven’t seen the last of Last Man Standing.”
The show will include original stars Nancy Travis, Jonathan Adams, Amanda Fuller, Christoph Sanders, and Jordan Masters, and possibly also Hector Elizondo, reports. It’s unclear when the show will return, or how many episodes the new season will have.
On Wednesday, Allen posted a vague tweet that got fans excited about a possible revival, and it turns out that’s almost certainly what he referenced. “A strong wind just filled our main sail,” he wrote.
“Hell yes, I’m excited! When I heard the offer to create more episodes of Last Man Standing, I did a fist pump so hard I threw my back out,” Allen said in a statement. “It’s the fans! I could not be more grateful for the fans who wrote petitions and kept up the passion and incredible support for the show. I’m sure audiences will be curious to see what we look like after all these years. Oh, has it only been one year? Well, just goes to show you – a lot can happen in a year.”